Domaine du Pegau - Chateauneuf du Pape
The Féraud family have cultivated “a handful of vines and olive and cherry trees” at Châteauneuf since 1670 and the deeds of the first property go back to 1733. More land was acquired by the great grandparents and grandparents in their turn and the property soon covered 20 hectares. In 1987, after having completed her studies in viticulture and wine commerce, Laurence Féraud returned home to Châteauneuf du Pape to establish her own wine estate on 7 hectares, which she registered under the name of Pégau. In the nineties, Châteauneuf du Pape Domaine du Pégau achieved worldwide notoriety and in January 2012 it assimilated 41 hectares of vines of a property formerly known as Domaine de la Jouve to become Chateau Pégau.